It’s my great pleasure today to announce the availability of release candidates of the following projects:
- Substance look-and-feel version 6.0 (code named Sonoma)
- Trident animation library version 1.2 (code named Cookie Jar)
- Laf-Widget library version 5.0 (code named Magnolia)
- Laf-Plugin library version 1.1 (code named Landshark)
- Substance plugins for SwingX and Flamingo component suites
- Substance samples
Substance 6.0 main features include:
- Support for multi-state animations
- New look for text-based components
- Custom component states
Click on the button below to launch a signed WebStart application that shows the available Substance features.
Trident 1.2 is a stabilization release and has a few new APIs.
You’re more than welcome to download the release candidates for Trident, Substance and relevant plugins. If you see any exceptions, visual artifacts or anything else that shouldn’t be there – don’t assume that i know about it. Drop me a line on project forums or mailing lists. The final releases for the libraries are scheduled on April 14.