I am extremely pleased today to announce the availability of release candidate for version 5.2 of Substance look-and-feel (code-named Quebec). The release notes for version 5.2 contain the detailed information on the contents of this release which include the following:
- The new Dust skin
- The new Dust Coffee skin
- The new Twilight skin
- More control over border painting
- Visual refresh of Raven Graphite skins
- Improved decoration area support for lists, tables and trees
- Visual improvement of inner borders under very large font sizes
Click on the button below to launch a signed WebStart application that shows the available Substance features.
The following sub-projects are also available as release candidates:
- Substance plugin for SwingX component suite build 1719 from March 28. See test application.
- Substance plugin for Flamingo component suite 4.1RC. See test applications.
You are more than welcome to take Substance 5.2RC for a ride and report any problems in the project mailing lists, forums or issue tracker. The final release is scheduled for May 25. Only bugs will be fixed until that date.
Sample screenshots of Substance 5.2 in action: